Linguistics research has implications for a range of educational issues affecting the school curriculum, particularly with regard to language learning. To address these issues, the LSA appointed a Committee on Language in the School Curriculum (LiSC). The committee has been active in developing a rane of programs and resources for teachers, educational policy leaders, students, and parents.
- The Arizona Teachers' English Fluency Initiative [18 August 2010]
- Sign Languages [1 July 2001]
- Ebonics [1 July 1997]
- Opposition to Unz/Tuchman Initiative [1 July 1998]
- MLA Statement on Language Learning (PDF) [May 2011]
- Comments on U.S. Department of Education Priorities for Assessment (PDF) [6 February 2011]
- LSA Calls on Presidential Science Council to Include the Social Sciences in STEM Education (PDF) [18 October 2010]
- Linguistics in STEM Education (PDF) [19 April 2010]
- Response to a Framework for Science Education Preliminary Public Draft (PDF) [30 July 2010]
- Excellence and Innovation in Language Learning Act Support Letter (PDF)
Share your teaching resources and curriculum.