Nominations for LSA Awards Due July 1
Wednesday, May 1, 2013 - 2:30pm
Nominations for the following awards are due to the Secretariat by the close of business on Monday, July 1. Please consider nominating yourself or a colleague for one of the following awards, which honor contributions made by LSA members to the Society, to the discipline of linguistics, to language communities or to the public understanding of linguistics.
- the Early Career Award, given for a new scholar who has made an outstanding contribution to the field of linguistics;
- the Excellence in Community Linguistics Award, for outstanding contributions that members of language communities (typically outside the academic sphere of professional linguists) make for the benefit of their community's language;
- the Kenneth L. Hale Award, for outstanding linguistic scholarship undertaken by a junior or senior scholar that documents a particular endangered or no longer spoken language or language family;
- the Linguistic Service Award, for distinguished service to the Society and the discipline;
- the Linguistics, Language, and the Public Award, for a body of work that has had a demonstrable impact on the public awareness of language and/or linguistics; and
- the Victoria A. Fromkin Lifetime Service Award, for individuals who have performed extraordinary service to the Society and the discipline throughout their career.
To nominate yourself or a colleague for any of these awards, send an e-mail to email@example.com by the July 1 deadline with the words "2014 Award Nomination" in the subject line. Other details, including nomination requirements for the specific awards, are available here. Awards will be presented during a ceremony preceding the Presidential Address at the LSA Annual Meeting in Minneapolis on Saturday, January 4.
We look forward to receiving your nominations by July 1. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the awards or the nominations process.