Language is published by the Linguistic Society of America.
Read Language online via Project MUSE.
Call for Papers - New Online Sections of Language:
- Teaching Linguistics
- Language and Public Policy
- Phonological Analysis (added July 2013)
- Historical Syntax (added July 2013)
- Perspectives (added September 2013)
Read the full call for papers appearing in the March 2013 issue of Language.
Read more about recent changes to Language.
Accessing Language Content:
- Language is available to individuals, in hard copy or online, only as one of the benefits of membership in the LSA. To join the LSA, or for more information on membership categories, dues, and the activities of the LSA, please complete a membership application online. Beginning in 2013, selected Language content is available for free on the LSA website, with all Language content available for free after a one year embargo period.
- Institutions may purchase an annual subscription or site license to Language. Complete and mail a printable subscription form.
- Back issues of Language (subject to availability) may be purchased in hard copy format through the LSA; for availability and pricing, please contact Rita Lewis at the LSA Secretariat. For access to electronic copies of back issues and individual articles, please visit JSTOR.
- Permission to reprint articles (1925-2012) may be obtained from the LSA's authorized vendor, the Copyright Clearance Center. The copyright for articles published beginning in 2013 and beyond are retained by the author. Requests for reprint permssions for articles published after 2012 should be directed to the individual authors.
- Individual members and institutional subscribers may change their address by modifying their membership profile online or by contacting Rita Lewis at the LSA Secretariat.
Manuscripts for publication should be sent to email@example.com. Books for review should be sent to the Review Editor of LANGUAGE (Helen Goodluck, Book Review Editor, Department of Language and Linguistic Science, University of York, York YO105DD, United Kingdom; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org).
Related Resources (see also a list of Language sub-pages above right):