Under-/Unemployed Membership in the LSA
The LSA is pleased to be able to offer an “Under-/Unemployed” membership category for qualified members. The Under-/Unemployed membership rate is currently US$65 per annum. Please note the following special features of this membership:
- Available to both U.S. and non-U.S. members.
- Provides only online, not hard copy, access to Language.
- Renewable for a maximum of three years.
- Applicants must have been LSA members for at least one year, in either the student or the regular membership category.
- Available only by application to the Secretariat, upon completion of the Under-/Unemployed Membership Form (PDF).
Student members of the LSA who have recently received or are about to receive the Ph.D. should note that they may qualify for a one-year complimentary regular membership.
In general, LSA members who register in this category will meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Are currently unemployed and are seeking to become employed.
- Are currently employed part-time and are seeking to become employed full-time.
- Have been receiving unemployment benefits but are no longer doing so.
- Are in between periods of regular employment and are not receiving their normal income
Please contact the LSA if you have any questions about the Under-/Unemployed membership category.